Saturday Sep. 15th, 2018 | 3:30-5:30pm
We’re thrilled to put together downtown Eau Claire’s FIRST large-scale tandem bicycle event! We’ve teamed up with our friends from Shift Cyclery & Coffee Bar to organize and execute a tandem bicycle meet-up, organized ride, and after-party at The Lakely. This is sure to be a spectacle you don’t want to miss! Don’t have a tandem but still want to participate? Register as a one-seater, all are welcome! Full details can be found below:
THE RIDE STARTS AT SHIFT
- 3:30pm – Check in for your snack and tap beer/soda certificate
- 4:00pm – Depart on your tandem bike for a group ride around town
- 4:30pm – Arrive at The Oxbow Hotel courtyard for the party (public welcome!)
THE PARTY AT THE OXBOW HOTEL & THE LAKELY
- Redeem your certificate for a free tap beer or soda of choice.
- Tandem bike show and swap – Show your favorite tandem while the public votes on their favorite! Got one to sell? Bring it! In the market? Come buy!
- Tandem drink specials – Try The Lakely’s signature craft cocktails, made for two, and served in our vintage thermoses!
- Games and prizes – Prizes awarded for Best Couple Costume, Best Vintage Tandem, Best Modern Tandem, and more.
- Dinner and Koldtboard – Order dinner or appetizers any time from 5pm-10pm.
- SHIFT Cyclery onsite – SHIFT tent set up for tune-ups.
- Vinyl Soundtrack – Battling DJs spinning two-fers and duets on the patio from 5pm-8pm.
- Live Jazz After Party – Jazz power trio ’58 Belvedere takes the stage from 8:30pm-midnight.
REGISTRATION INFO & FREEBIES
- Tandem riders can register for $20/bike
- Single riders can register for $10/bike
- Your registration includes a free liege waffle snack at SHIFT before the ride and a free tap beer or soda at The Lakely after the ride
- Your registration fee also goes to support the Friends of the Chippewa River Bike Trail!